Welcome to PensionCanada.ca

With the great success of our blogsite UnemploymentCanada.ca, our team of experts have decided to expand our service to also focus on Canadian pension programs. This new blogsite will help Canadian residents to better understand Federal pension programs. As always, we offer free email service for those who has general question about the programs and we will be more than happen to assist you at our best ability.

Consent to Exchange Information with Citizenship and Immigration Canada form (ISP-3210)

If you have lost your original proof of entry to Canada (e.g. landed paper), you may use the ISP-3210 form to request Service Canada processing agent to reach out to Immigration Canada to pull your original date of entry. This request does not cost anything but will take longer time to receive information from immigration... ...

Read More

Ontario Trillium Benefits payment dates

The OTB payment includes Ontario energy and property tax credit (OEPTC), Northern Ontario energy credit (NOEC) and Ontario sales tax credit (OSTC). To learn more, please visit Ontario.ca for further details. Click Here. May 10, 2021 June 10, 2021 July 9, 2021 August 10, 2021 September 10, 2021 October 8, 2021 November 10, 2021 December... ...

Read More

How to easily speak to CPP/OAS call centre agent —

  Service Canada Pension call centre phone number: 1-800-277-9914 Recently, CPP/OAS call centre has upgraded their telephone system and clients are no longer able to quickly press zero to get connected to a call centre agent. From now on, once you get connected and hear the automated message, press “1” right away for English language... ...

Read More

How to appeal an Old Age Security application

  The form ISP-3134 is used to request a review of the decision on your application for Old Age Security Programs, this includes Old Age Security, Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS), Allowance/Allowance for the Survivor (ALW/ALWS). This form does not apply to Canada Pension program. A few reminders: Ensure to write down your SIN or your... ...

Read More

Sharing of travel information from CBSA

CBSA has recently started to share pensioners’ travel information with Service Canada pension program. Currently, if a pensioner leaves Canada for over 6 consecutive months, they have the obligation to inform Service Canada of their extended leave. This new sharing of information will further assist Service Canada’s investigator to audit pension’s GIS entitlement.  How does CBSA uses... ...

Read More

Senior couple separated for reason beyond their own control (Form ISP-3040)

Sometimes senior married or common-law couple has to live apart from eachother due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. one transferred to nursing home). Under this circumstances, their marital or common-law status under the pension program may remain as is however their GIS/ALW amount calculation may be calculated using individual category. A pensioner’s GIS is calculated based... ...

Read More

2022 CPP/OAS payment dates —

Canada Pension Plan programs Programs include: Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and disability(CPP-Disability), children’s and survivor benefits. January 27, 2022 February 24, 2022 March 29, 2022 April 27, 2022 May 27, 2022 June 28, 2022 July 27, 2022 August 29, 2022 September 28, 2022 October 27, 2022 November 28, 2022 December 21, 2022   Old Age... ...

Read More

2021 CPP/OAS payment dates

Canada Pension Plan programs Programs include: Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and disability(CPP-Disability), children’s and survivor benefits. January 27, 2021 February 24, 2021 March 29, 2021 April 28, 2021 May 27, 2021 June 28, 2021 July 28, 2021 August 27, 2021 September 28, 2021 October 27, 2021 November 26, 2021 December 22, 2021   Old Age... ...

Read More

Sending CPP/OAS application or documents through email —

We have learned from a pension call centre agent that Service Canada pension office has a national plan to allow pension applicants to send their application or supporting documents by email. This service is not advertised publicly. To be able to send the documents by email, applicants must first contact pension call centre to let... ...

Read More

Common reasons why OAS/GIS/ALW amount is reduced?

Once a pensioner qualified for their OAS benefit, the amount paid under OAS title will not be reduced unless there was a recalculation occurred to the pensioner’s file. When the pensioners noticed their OAS benefit payment reduced when checking their bank statement, it was most likely due to the amount paid under GIS was either... ...

Read More

Service Canada Online Request Form

Service Canada email request If you are unable to reach Pension call centre, there is an alternative way to get in touch with a Service Canada agent. Recently, the Service Canada has started an email service. You can send them a message through their online E-form portal. Service Canada centre agents will call you back... ...

Read More

Service Canada Outreach Support Centre —

If you need help completing your Service Canada forms, (OAS, GIS, CPP application or renewals), you can receive help from Service Canada Outreach Support Centre by calling telephone number according to the province you live in. Ontario: 1- 877-355-2657 Quebec: 1-877-760-2657 Yukon / N-W T / Nunavut / BC / Alberta / Sask / Manitoba:... ...

Read More

2021 Senior Calendar —

2021 Senior Calendar Click the link below to download your language version. English Calendar French Calendar   Due to COVID-19 pandemic, the senior calendar will not be distributed at your local Service Canada centres. You will have to print your online version (PDF copy) through a printer. If you would like to find out your... ...

Read More

2020-2021 Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) renewal —

Service Canada is temporarily extending the GIS and Allowance payments if seniors’ 2019 income information has not been assessed. This will ensure that the most vulnerable seniors continue to receive their benefits when they need them the most. To avoid an interruption in benefits, seniors are encouraged to submit their 2019 income information as soon... ...

Read More

Will CERB/CRB benefits affect my CPP, CPP Disability or OAS? —

Currently, the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) and the newly instated Canada Recovery Benefits (CRB) will not have any affect your CPP / OAS or CPP Disability benefits. CERB and CRB are not considered as employment or self-employed income, therefore you do not have to report these benefits under your CPP Disability benefit. However, you... ...

Read More

Question? We can help!

PensionCanada.ca is not affiliated with Service Canada. We do not have access to your file and payment information.

Please DO NOT disclose your Social Insurance Number.
Our blogsite provides general information on pension programs only.